Stand with the entire Texas A&M community in creating awareness and action in an effort to prevent sexual violence on our campus, in our community and throughout our country.
How can you Step In and Stand Up?
Stepping In and Standing Up can make a world of difference. This can be learning how to recognize and intervene when needed or supporting a friend who has gone through a traumatic experience. You can make a difference.
- Educate yourself.
- Know how to spot incidents of sex discrimination including sexual harassment, sexual assault, and sexual violence. Observe choices, behaviors, words, actions or attitudes that contribute to or tolerate sexual discrimination, harassment, or violence. Register for on-campus training or request a presentation.
- Know how and where to report incidents.
- Reporting an incident is one facet of addressing the issues of sexual violence in our community. Find out about how to report an incident.
- Know about the resources and people who are available to help.
- Knowledge is power. There are several campus presentations and resources available to assist students, faculty and staff. These resources can also assist in preparing you on how to best support a friend or colleague who has been involved in an incident of sexual violence. Read more about campus resources.